|Job Title:||Vice President, Operations & Maintenance UK|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Allen & York is currently working on an exclusive basis for our client Statkraft.
Statkraft is Europe's largest generator of renewable energy. The Group develops and generates hydropower, wind power, gas power and district heating, and is a major player on the European power exchanges.
In the UK Statkraft is developing, constructing and operating renewable electricity generation assets, onshore and offshore. Statkraft operate and maintain a 50MW hydro power station and a 23MW wind farm both located in Wales. They also operate and maintain a 317MW offshore wind farm at Sheringham Shoal off the coast of Norfolk, a 52MW onshore Wind farm at Baillie, and a 67MW onshore wind farm at Berry Burn both in Scotland.
The involvement in the Wind farms is on Joint Venture basis. Statkraft have a development portfolio of several onshore wind farms and are part of the Forewind consortium to develop a 9GW offshore wind at Dogger Bank in the North Sea.
For the Business Area Power Generation they are looking for a Vice President Operations & Maintenance, who will be responsible for all generation units in the UK. The location in the UK will be decided later.
- Overall co-ordination, management & development of the O&M of the generation assets, including but not limited to operations, maintenance, HSE & emergency handling
- Be responsible for the Power Generation organization in UK (approx. 60 employees) and the O&M related results, such as HSE-performance, costs and availability
- Responsible for a budget of approx. 40 Mio GBP
- Develop O&M strategy, organisational structure and processes in line with given frames, internal and external requirements
- Lead and motivate the management team
- Develop and lead a performance culture and ensure continuous improvement
- Represent and promote the BA Power Generation in UK in public and to key stakeholders.
- Ensure good and close co-operation with other Statkraft units within and also outside UK
- Take a key role in the management of internal and external customers
- Master-/University degree within engineering or similar
- Proven track record from at least 10 years successful occupational experience at a senior managerial level in the energy sector, preferably from the wind sector
- Experienced manager of multi million pound budgets
- Experience of joint venture working environment is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills in English both oral and written, other languages is an advantage
- Goal-oriented, experienced multi-team manager with good people skills
- Structured and strategic leader
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing growth
- A positive working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a brief covering note to email@example.com or contact Tom Wolsey in confidence on +44 (0) 1202 888 986 as the exclusive recruitment partner for this position.