|Job Title:||Waste Operations Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Lancashire - Manchester|
|Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||James Pearson|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
To assist the Operations Director in the day to day operation and maintenance of the waste division's landfill, restoration, treatment and transfer sites.
- To ensure that the sites are operated effectively.
- To provide a safe environment for all site users and employees.
- Manage, lead and motivate teams of professional, technical and manual employees to ensure their potential is realised to the mutual advantage of the Company, customer and employee.
- Ensure compliance with all licences and permits.
- Ensure waste acceptance procedures are compliant.
- To bring forward and implement remedial actions as required and provide full cost and time analysis.
- Assist in other areas of the Company's activities as required including acting as temporary stand in for site managers and supervisors.
- To be aware at all times of responsibilities for your own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, you work colleagues and others who may be affected by the operations under your responsibility or control.
- To ensure at all times that the correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Arrange / conduct training as required.
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures including H&S policies, EMS System, IMS System and any financial and accounting systems.
- To provide accurate and timely reports when required.
- Any other duties reasonably requested and which are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
- Act with honesty and integrity in all business dealings and adheres to Company Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that a job description for their role is received and fully understood.
- Ensure objectives/goals are set with manager to facilitate performance appraisal.
- Monitor achievement of targets, KPI's and goals and identify training needs.
- Undertake regular training and research to ensure high performance levels are maintained.
- A high performer who has knowledge of Legal, Safety and Environmental obligations and responsibilities that impact upon it.
- Maintains high standards of performance and can demonstrate this through knowledge of Landfill operations and the Waste Management Industry.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Team Leader who has people management skills and maintains good employee relationships.
- Has experience in managing multi sites and remotely managing staff.
- Driven by success and always determined to achieve.
- Self motivated and self managing.
- Proven track record of managing and sustaining operations of landfill operations.
- Extensive experience in the waste industry.
- Valid, full, clean driving licence.
- COTC Level 4 in Hazardous landfill
- IOSH in managing safety at work desirable but not essential.
- Achievement / goal driven
- Verbal and written communication
- Resilience and tenacity
- Stress tolerance
- Hands on approach
Please contact James Pearson on 01202 888 986. We look forward to receiving your application!