|Job Title:||Waste Project Manager|
|Location:||UAE - Dubai|
|Contact Name:||Kristina Khusseyn|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
We are looking for a skilled waste management professional who can join our client's team and help;
- Manage and plan complex infrastructure projects ensuring that they are delivered with good quality, on time and within budget. The projects are mostly oversees with large and/or multidisciplinary project teams (including several significant sub consultants) through consistent performance management and development of staff, and effective communication.
- Liaise with Government departments, relevant to the waste management project requirements.
- Provide guidance on waste management projects and requirements when required and deliver high quality solid waste related projects, which could include strategic planning, facility (transfer station, MRF, MBT, Waste to Energy) design, consistently with a focus on meeting program and budgetary control.
- Plan, organise and undertake solid waste analysis, research and reporting as required.
- Ensure that the solid waste management requirements of local legislation and international best practice standards are complied with.
- Good experience in managing projects
- Site works may be required as part of this position.
- BSc or BEng - Waste Management or Environmental Science
- Master's degree will be preferred.
- 6-12 experience in engineering, including design, business development and at minimum, 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience across all fields of Solid Waste Management (from planning, to design and monitoring).
- Experience in Environmental management reporting and studies highly regarded.
- Experience in the Waste to Energy field is highly desirable.
- Qualifications in Solid Waste Management highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of design, production, construction techniques, procedures, industry codes and standards
- Good in depth knowledge of statutory and commercial frameworks with the ability to prepare and control budgets, and manage contracts and invoices.
- Experience in design, production, construction techniques, procedures, industry codes and standards.
- GCC experience would be advantageous.
- MCIWM would be advantageous
- Fluent English, both verbal and written. Arabic - desirable
- Chartered engineer certification from an internationally recognized engineering professional body would be advantageous.
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent.
- Self-motivated and ability to think out the 'box attitude'
We look forward to receiving your application.