Water Civil Engineers & Assistant Civils Engineer
Croydon or Reading
Reporting to the Project Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery of project-related tasks to time & quality targets and delighting our clients with engineering solutions.
The role will include working on a variety of water projects from sewer diversions to wastewater treatment plants and sustainable urban drainage systems. Ample opportunity will be given to work closely with our clients in their offices to understand their needs and drivers. This will support your development as a water engineer.
* Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with client and business specifications, national standards and codes of practice
* The preparation of report sections and other project documentation and ensuring that all documentation is current, accurate and in compliance with the company requirements
* Interfacing effectively within the project team and stakeholders on matters relevant to the project
* Collaborating with teams of engineers, environmentalists, economists and other project relevant disciplines
* Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
* Self-checking completed engineering work to ensure accuracy and quality of deliverables
* Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H&S regulations
* Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or the business.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or similar numerical discipline
- UK Water and Environment sector experience,
- Good technical design experience in civil, water and/or structural engineering
- Effective support of projects involving multi-disciplinary design teams
- Good communication and people skills