Are you a hydraulic modeller looking for an exciting new challenge, working on varied and often high profile projects? My client is looking for a water engineer to work in their experienced water team who work on integrated urban drainage modelling and flooding assessments.
You will work with the water team and additionally with a wide range of other engineering specialists and colleagues across the UK and overseas.
You will be required to:
- Carry out hydraulic modelling studies
- Work with GIS models
- Write reports which will be issued to clients
- Have responsibility for defined parts of modelling projects
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to; manage their own and others time, be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, meet challenging deadlines and have accurate report writing skills. You will need to have an interest in civil engineering, regeneration, construction, surface water or flood management.
In addition you will:
- Have a relevant degree or equivalent qualification in either civil engineering, hydrology, geography or maths
- Be working towards membership of a professional body (desirable)
- Have at least two years' experience in the use of hydraulic design software packages (MicroDrainage, Infoworks, ISIS, Tuflow etc)
- Have a developing interest in BIM and conducting design in a 3D environment
- Have technical knowledge in drainage design, utilities design and civil engineering.
- Have experience preparing bids, tenders, and control spend in the bid / tendering process
- Have a desire to progress towards chartered member status of the Institute of Civil Engineers or similar
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact me, Jill Richmond, on email@example.com or 01202 888 986.