|Job Title:||Water Networks Modeller|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Water Networks Modeller
The role is for a senior Water Networks Modeller with responsibility to develop efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to client’s water networks infrastructure.
- Work as part of a team being involved in a variety of projects including model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the model to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to water networks.
- Undertake the option evaluation/assessment and development of modelled engineering solutions for projects within the required timescales and within agreed feasibility budgets.
- Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
- Production of technical reports, cost estimates, contract documentation and contract management for wastewater treatment projects
- Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
- Identification and assessment of suitable options and development of preferred technical solutions.
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
- Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with proposed solutions.
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
- Provide technical assistance to staff, including training within specific areas of responsibility and expertise as required. Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Maintain communication and develop on going relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
- Review and co-ordinate the work of others
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified (Chartered Engineer or equivalent) and member (or working towards membership) of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE
- Experience within the water industry with previous experience in the modelling of water networks
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
- Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
- Experienced in the management of staff and staff development
- Able to integrate well into a team and provide technical management of other staff
- Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team – both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
- Excellent client service focus
- Flexible approach to work