Water Quality Programme Manager
Design, implementation and delivery of the water quality monitoring programme to meet regulatory and business requirements. Management of a risk and control framework to ensure quality and compliance at all times.
- Manage a small team of scientists to deliver our annual water quality sampling and analysis programme.
- Responsible for internal stakeholder management and sign off processes to ensure the annual sampling programme meets all regulatory and business requirements.
- Responsible for accurate translation of guidance into an appropriate schedule of work and implementation of an appropriate risk and control framework for scheduling and programme delivery.
- Work across the business to ensure a constant high standard of technical services are provided to internal stakeholders and budget risks are controlled.
- Day to day technical and contract management of the laboratory service provider to deliver required service.
- Act as an SME for water quality specifically with respect to programme management and laboratory analysis.
- Conduct an appropriate audit programme and support internal and external audits when necessary.
* Technical, preferably scientific, Honours Degree or higher
* Chartered status within a scientific field (or working towards chartership)
* Detailed knowledge of the sampling and analysis requirements as specified in the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations and associated guidance
* Experience in the creation of detailed sampling programmes that meet regulatory and operational requirements
* Ability to analyse, communicate and present complex data from different systems and across multiple disciplines to non-technical audiences
* Sound IT skills including advanced knowledge of LIMS
- Direct reports: 4
- Indirect reports: 45
- Budgetary information: Directly responsible for £3M, influences an additional £1.5M
Key Contacts / Relationship
* External Laboratory Service Provider
* Water Supply Team
* Regional Control Centre
* Process Science Team
* Scientific Services QMS Team
* Water Quality and Public Health Policy Team
* Drinking Water Safety Planning Team
* Water Strategy Team
* Integrated Planning