Water Quality Technician
- Monitoring of hot/cold water systems to ACoP L8 standard.
- Water sampling and monitoring for bacteria and chemical parameters.
- Legionella risk assessments to ACOP L8 and HSG274 part 2.
- Domestic Services clean and disinfections to BS8558.
- Sampling and onsite testing of swimming/spa pools in accordance with PWTAG.
- Providing clear technical advice with regards to the management of recreational/domestic and process water systems.
- Sampling of Natural Waters.
- Monitoring of closed system process waters.
- Remedial work when required.
- Investigation of water services following specific client requests.
- Knowledge of current legislation and guidance regarding water services, such as ACoP L8, HSG274 (Parts 1, 2 & 3), BS8558, BS5850, PWTAG.
- Writing of technical reports.
- Building and maintaining a good reputation with clients.
- Predominantly working in and around London but will include travel throughout the UK including some overnight stays on a monthly basis (works van will be provided).
- At all times work in a way that demonstrates the Company’s business methods.
- To listen to and relay market intelligence.
- Maintain high standards in terms of personal appearance conduct and respect of Company property.
- To maintain site equipment to a satisfactory standard through routine checks using controlled equipment inspection sheets.
Preferably educated to degree level
Experience within a similar role.
Water industry experience.
Good technical understanding and knowledge of Company products.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Confident and professional manner.
Excellent customer service skills.
Good team working skills.
The Water quality technician must hold a valid UK driving licence.