|Job Title:||Wind Analyst|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Senior Analyst (Wind)
Our Client is an award winning technical consultancy specialising in advising upon commercial and technical risk for solar, wind and biomass projects all over the world.
As part of our continued growth in the renewables advisory sector, they are pleased to present a position for a Senior Analyst (Wind) to support our clients in the development or acquisition of wind farms.
The position will be a part of the growing global Wind Division which offers technical advisory services to onshore and offshore wind farm lenders, investors, owners and operators.
The role will primarily involve conducting, reviewing and managing energy yield assessments at a pre- and post-construction level, but will also involve other supporting services. Initially projects will be in the UK, but travel abroad may be required as the business grows.
We offer a fantastic working environment; our office is situated in the heart of the Brighton lanes and we actively promote staff wellbeing with a comprehensive programme of training, development and additional benefits.
- Mapping and GIS
- Analysis of meteorological data (masts, SoDAR, LiDAR)
- Analysis of wind turbine data
- Develop / implement / manage data collection systems
- Computational modelling
- Proposal and report writing
- Research and development
- Development of new tools and client solutions
- Site inspections in the UK, and abroad if necessary
- Proposal and report writing
- Checking of self and others' work
- Degree or Master's degree in Engineering / Physics / Maths / Meteorology / Oceanography
- Strong interest in renewable energy
- Strong track record in wind / energy resource analysis
- Experience critical appraisal of third party wind / energy resource analysis
- Experience of wind turbine performance analysis and detailed operational assessment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver reports using clear and concise written English
- Ability to interface with Clients
- Appreciation of the economics of wind energy development
- Desire and motivation to develop, test and deliver new solutions to our Clients, and to keep up with / be ahead of industry best practice, with a solution-focussed attitude
- Excellent Excel and Word skills
- Ability to formulate ideas and communicate them clearly
- Be flexible in working hours and take up slack as part of an expanding team
- Willingness to work cross discipline (solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, biomass) where necessary
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work in UK and overseas, potentially to remote areas
- Desire to work or potentially move overseas for extended period in the future
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- 5+ years of experience in the wind industry
- Programming skills in Python, VBA, Matlab, Fortran, C
- Experience using WindPro
- Experience with one or more of: Windographer, WindFarmer, WAsP, Openwind, Global Mapper
- Familiarity with SoDAR and LiDAR and a track record of analysis
- Cross disciplinary knowledge, e.g. solar, biomass, storage
- Language skills, e.g. Spanish, French, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical methods to evaluate data and uncertainty
- Experience in working internationally
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate, who has the proven experience of the above, to secure a position in our company as we embark on a period of expansion.