Our client is a global management, engineering and development consultancy. Their £1200 million business spans 150 countries with over 16,000 staff working in all sectors.
The power, hydro renewable division has developed a world class reputation supporting all aspects of energy, from formulation of national policies to the development, design and engineering of projects.
This capability embraces the full range of technologies including: hydro, onshore and offshore wind, solar thermal and solar photovoltaic (PV), wave and tidal energy for power plant.
This role reports to the wind resource manager in the Scottish office. This will be a challenging, demanding, and varied role which will offer you a fantastic career opportunity to utilise your current skill set whilst developing your career.
- Responsible for renewable energy developments including mainly wind projects but also hydro and solar
- Carrying out feasibility works, detailed design and assessments depending upon project requirements
- Providing a consultative approach to clients to ensure best solution is offered to meet their needs
- Providing capabilities in analysis of sub (foundations) and / or super structure engineering
- Knowledgeable in the environmental aspects / impacts of civil / structural design
- Responsible for managing external stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction and pursuing and promoting opportunities with potential and established clients
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects
- Maximising profitability of projects, monitoring against budget, reacting and anticipating potential problems and communicating in line with client expectations
- Demonstrating technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership whilst proactively coaching and developing more junior team members
- Advising on suitable specialist software relevant to projects and implementing feedback from colleagues on systems
- Managing time so that balance is achieved between team support, technical work and business development
- Assisting in liaising with contractors, utilities and developers
- Qualification in civil engineering
- Knowledge of ground engineering for the design and detailing of foundations supporting Wind Turbine (Onshore)
- Experience on offshore foundation would be an advantage
- Knowledge of UK and International codes of practice and British standards
- Experience of the use of Eurocodes would be an advantage
- Experience in the use of Bentley Sac's, Staad Pro and Ansys would be an advantage
Please contact Sally Woods for further information