Our client is a leading operator of Onshore Wind Farms.
They are currently looking to recruit an O&M Site Manager to be responsible for managing daily Operations and Maintenance activities on a number of Wind Farm sites while maintaining statutory, safety and quality and environmental standards.
The Site Manager will be main contact for works and other day to day activities on a number of sites, and therefore will be expected to travel to site on a regular basis
This role will enhance the quality of works on each project and provide an on the ground interface with contractors, landowners and other concerned parties.
The Site Manager will also feed into the annual budgeting and planning process for each wind farm.
- Manage the interface with the Control Centre to ensure all site works are carried out under Site Rules, the Work Control system and Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
- Carry out safety inductions, manage contractors, provide toolbox talks and manage on site risks.
- Monitor, update and edit turbine alarm data on a regular and timely basis
- Ensure appropriately qualified visitors use the correct working practices and equipment.
- Emergency provisions are in place.
- Review, manage to and update asset inspection, maintenance and repair plans
- Call off and supervise O&M and balance of plant maintenance and repair activities with Contracted suppliers.
- Perform the role of site HV network manager (where competencies allow)
- Provide first line response to site significant defects and any emergencies in an expeditious way.
- Monitor the day to day work, issues and risks on the relevant wind farms and advise the Asset Manager of asset risks.
- Carry out quarterly wind farm inspections of turbines, civil and site electrical systems.
- Carry out intermediate HV network inspections - where required and competent to do so
- Development of good working relationships with O&M contractors, landowners and local stakeholders.
- Provide site information to the Control Centre, Asset Manager and other internal teams in to support the management of CMMS, reporting and quality management systems.
- General legislative compliance and housekeeping of control building and site.
- Knowledge of contract negotiation in the wind energy sector, with first had experience of construction or operations contract implementation
- Effective negotiation skills, with a track record of delivering success.
- Confident presenter
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Planning
- Attention to Detail
- Interpreting detailed commercial documentation and express either verbally or in written form to the project team
- Confident negotiating in a commercial or engineering environment
- Communicating with a large range of audience types, from small informal presentations, to senior management boards
- Engineering or science degree or equivalent experience