|Job Title:||Wind Site&Installation Manager in Chile|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Leading global operator across the Solar energy market, our client develops, constructs, finances and constructs solar energy projects across Europe, USA, Africa and Australia.
Plan & Prioritise Installation Logistics Operations:
- Establish and develop effective business relationships with all subcontractors and facilitate the interface between different subcontractors.
- Coordinate all installation, fit-out and commissioning activities to enable efficient project delivery minimising programme delays, potential faults and subsequent cost implications.
- Ensure all subcontractors adhere to appropriate HS&E and Quality standards and facilitate appropriate H&S induction for all subcontractors prior to turbine erection stage.
- Lead the smooth running of all installation operations by effectively managing day-to-day activities and weekly progress meetings with subcontractors and other stakeholders.
- Provide support to all Project Managers in resolving any installation queries.
- Ensure timely and cost efficient implementation of projects through application of technical expertise.
- Develop relationships with Chile subcontractors such that the company can work towards Chile based erection teams.
- Coordinate training program and approval procedures for subcontract labour / teams
Manage the Wind Turbine Generator Erection Process
- With immediate effect gain an understanding of the contract between the client and the company to enable an understanding of the technical and commercial content relevant to the turbine installation.
- Closely manage the supply chain (liaison with the company and suppliers) to ensure all tools, parts and resources are in place to facilitate installation, fit-out and commissioning of all the turbines in the project.
- Review project program prior to contract signature to facilitate timely identification of potential issues.
- Ensure that all on-site activity is managed in line with the project program avoiding variations that could impact upon project timelines and costs.
- Visibly add value to the business by ensuring the effective delivery of project programme.
- Ensure all heavy lifting operations are carried out safely in accordance with appropriate Health and Safety legislation (CDM, LOLER,PUWER etc)
- Organise and facilitate the hiring and purchases of equipment (power tools, containers, plant and machinery) to support Turbine Erection activities.
Interface with the company headquarters
- Develop and nurture strong links to the company's Manufacturing to facilitate effective coordination of supply and delivery.
- Utilise experience and expertise of the company colleagues to gain commercial and technical support. This should be done in conjunction with developing an understanding of key operations and subsuppliers.
Experience & Qualifications
- Ideally applicants will have experience in construction/heavy industries fields and be educated accordingly(HND level or equivalent in relevant technical field). However, candidates will be assessed on their individual merits and due accreditation may be given to proven experience in place of qualifications. It is anticipated that you have robust industry experience including site management, heavy lifting operations, supply chain / logistics management.
- Experience of wind turbine installation would be highly advantageous.
- Given the high level of collaboration with the company headquarters in Germany it would be advantageous to have prior experience of working within an international environment.
- You should show a fair level of physical fitness, be able to comply with all requirements for working on-site and appreciate that work at heights and in challenging conditions are normal parts of this role.
- PC literacy is required with regards Word and Excel, user knowledge of MS Project would be advantageous.
- Driving licence is essential.
- High percentage of working time is located on site, but ravels to Head Quarter in Germany or to other wind Farm sites are possible.
- Good English spoken and written language is essential.
We look forward to receiving your application