Work Scheduling Manager - Transmission and Distribution (T&D)
To manage, and monitor the operational and clerical requirements for all contracts in the business, ensuring the company maximises profit and controls costs through the effective allocation of resources. To manage the team required to provide the operational support required for the effective execution of projects.
The job holder will report to the Head of Operations but will work very closely with the Contract Managers in supporting them in the delivery of their projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This will include the management and resourcing of operational and administrative support to the Operations Department.
- Ensure all works requested are scheduled in a cost effective manner
- Ensure maintenance of planned works and ensure updates and changes are monitored
- Monitor and maintain the operations tracker reports on a weekly basis to allow invoicing and valuations on a weekly basis
- Ensure all documentation including van packs are maintained and updated as necessary
- Ensure job cards/ meter cards are issued and processed on return
- Ensure that the relevant notifications to the incumbent utilities of the whereabouts of the teams are issued and updated accordingly
- Provide support as appropriate to the Operational Managers
- Ensure all NRSWA documentation is in place in order to meet clients expectations and/programme
- Take minutes at planning and operational meetings as required
- Ensure Asset claims are prepared and submitted on time
- Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet changing operational needs.
- Prepare and monitor departmental KPIs
- Provide assistance to other functions within the business as required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience of working within a team.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project
- Understanding of the business and experience in utility and or civil construction projects
- Conceptual thinker.
- Ability to understand and build partnerships.
- Commercial awareness in recognising that this role is a key element of driving profit.
- Leadership and responsibility.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Ability to manage people and deal with difficult internal and external situations
- Good communicator.
- Computer literate.
- Good negotiator
- Good team player
- Ability to motivate people to reach common goals
- Be well presented when dealing with clients
- Understanding of Symology process
- Full valid driving licence
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health Care Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Paid professional subscriptions relevant to the role
- Excellent opportunities to develop a career within a growing company