|Job Title:||WTG Package Manager - Offshore Wind|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a world leader in Offshore Wind Power.
Due to ongoing expansion they are currently recruiting for a WTG Package Manager to join their Offshore Engineering organisation.
The WTG Package Manager, is part of the Offshore Engineering organisation reporting directly to the Project Director. This role has been formed to create a stronger link with customers and improve internal alignment for design and fabrication control. This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the main package of works for any offshore windfarm.
As the WTG Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the WTG sub-project and taking an active part in maintaining and developing the client's leading position within offshore wind. This includes having a strong focus on implementing improvements to reduce the cost of energy for the industry, which is a main ambition of the Offshore Engineering team.
- Lead, mentor and manage the WTG Package Team creating a strong team environment around the project delivery targets
- Ensure time, budget, scope and quality for the WTG Package including internal and external variation and claim management. Management of budget adjustments from internal suppliers and towards the customer is also required.
- Manage the procurement and manufacturing of components for the package with a strong focus on quality management and assurance
- Overall Responsibility for design and fabrication of the package including production and management of all, specification, tenders and contract. Delivery of the product to the customer includes all as-built documentation as well as internal documentation required to assemble, install and commission the WTG package.
- Ensure regional and project specific requirements, including regional legislation, are addressed within the design and fabrication of the WTG package. Certification and assurance of as required must also be produced to provide traceability.
- Work across disciplines both internally and externally including the client and the clients associated works contractors
- Deliver WTG ex-works to a high quality standard ready for installation including all documentation, site parts and specifications for tooling. High levels of interdisciplinary cooperation will be required with our Installation Managers.
- Ensure a well-integrated handover of the asset to O&M
- Deliver a fully commissioned WTG system to our customers and complete package closedown including finalization of budgets.
- Communicate frequently and efficiently with the customer as to progress of the WTG Package
- Being an active and leading member of the Project Management Team. Integrating with the Project Director and other team members to ensure efficient and optimized project performance
- Host Package Management meetings on a regular basis ensuring interfaces are managed across design functions
- Ensure optimum distribution of tasks within Package Team, ensure that all is up to date with relevant project documentation
- Budget/budget revisions and time schedule revisions in relation to the package
- Keep the Project Director and Commercial Manager up-to-date on time schedule, quality and budget deviations
- Recommend technical solutions or changes to the project management team for implementation
- Ensure that the Project Management team, and other areas of the business, have access to information relevant to the WTG Package
- Ensure that the engineering managers working on the project are given the necessary empowerment (area of responsibility, budget, quality requirements, time schedule, etc.) that enables them to do their work
- Define and set high standard for all documentation following internal procedures and processes
- Identify and implement resources that are required for the success of the package
- Utilise the support functions of the business as required e.g. Call Procurement, Legal, EHS, etc.
- Establish, perform, monitor and document overall risks and opportunities. Identify and implement risk mitigation actions
- Identify, manage and involve key package stakeholders
- Ensure knowledge sharing on an ongoing basis by implementation, identification and register of lessons learned
- Attend SteerCo meetings when requested by the Project Director
- Education: Master/Bachelor in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Experience: Experience and skills in negotiation on an international level and of working within the Offshore Wind Industry is an essential requirement. Accustomed to working with multiple stakeholders in an international environment. Experience of working with FIDIC contracts