Benthic Consultant/Senior Benthic Consultant £35k-£50k DOE
Liphook, Dundee or Cardiff UK (Hybrid Working)
Our client has over 30 years working that the forefront of the Marine sector, with household names as well as the emerging sector clients in areas such as offshore wind and marine tidal, (floating and fixed) marine cables, coastal processes, ports and harbours, Oil and Gas and Energy Transition and all aspects of consenting (EIA, SEA, HRA, etc).
They are looking to expand their Benthic Ecology Team by adding an experienced consultant to assist in EIA and consenting projects.
You'll be expected to;
- Provide technical analysis and data research.
- Compose bids and write reports.
- Handle data input and survey contractors
- Manage clients and projects.
- Provide Stakeholder engagement and liaison.
You will have skills, knowledge and experience in;
- Strong track record of working in the Benthic Environment
- Degree/MSC/PhD in a relevant Marine Biology Subject
- Good knowledge and understanding of the UK's marine subtidal and intertidal biodiversity and classification systems.
- Good knowledge of UK and European nature conservation legislation.
- Identification and characterisation of marine sensitive habitats and other conservation features.
- Experience with the assessment of potential environmental effects in the marine benthic environment.
- Awareness of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Delivery of technical scientific writing.
- The number of years of experience are not the benchmark - it's about you, your skills and relevant experience and where you want your career to go.
Why this role?
Our client is small enough to be responsive and flexible to our employees and clients while being large enough for the commercial backing for big projects. With continued recent project success across renewables, marine cables and oil and gas, we are seeking to expand our team, focusing on Benthic Ecology, and are looking for an enthusiastic consultant to assist in our EIA and Consenting projects.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993