ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to take a central role in Our Client's growing Sustainability and Building Performance Team, to contribute to their commitment to help tackle the climate and biodiversity emergency and to drive their own operations to zero carbon.
This role involves leading aspects of this work and communicating outputs with architects, clients and beyond.
The Sustainability and Building Performance Team is an integral part of the practice's design process, supporting architects with knowledge, expertise, analysis and performance modelling to help develop sustainable, integrated and regenerative architecture.
The team also carry out and publish independent research and post occupancy evaluation studies of our finished buildings and are active outside the practice through teaching, advocacy and working with activist groups.
A current research project is investigating Net Zero Carbon buildings with UCL and Innovate UK.
This position is offered as a full-time, permanent role however we are open to discussing flexible working hours.
* Work alongside architectural and consultant teams to help develop sustainable, low carbon and regenerative architecture.
* Input into sustainability and building performance research and development.
* Dissemination of knowledge throughout the practice and wider industry through graphic, written and verbal communication, including participation in CPD events. * Preparation of sustainability related submissions to inform compliances eg Circular Economy and Life Cycle Assessment statements.
* Performance modelling using bespoke tools, parametric options appraisal tools and industry standard softwares.
* A post graduate degree in Architectural Engineering, Environmental Design or similar.
* BREEAM Assessor or LEED/other equivalent would be advantageous.
* Ability to communicate environmental strategies in a variety of media for diverse audiences.
* Wide knowledge of sustainability issues facing the UK and international design and construction industries.
* Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of people.
* Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
* Ability to work independently, using own initiative.
* A willingness to tackle a variety of tasks and learn new skills.
* Highly motivated with an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
* Attention to detail.
London or Bristol