Chartered Surveyor - Energy and Renewables
Hybrid - Cambridge/Oxford/Inverness/Perth
Our client is a leading UK property consultancy at the forefront of two of the most dynamic real estate markets in the UK - The Oxford-Cambridge Arc and the emerging field of Natural Capital. They manage over one million acres of the Scottish and English countryside and coastline and their decades of land and property expertise means they are uniquely positioned to play a leading role in the emerging natural capital markets and bring exciting opportunities to landowners and investors. They advise on sustainable development and carbon positive prospects.
They are currently seeking a Chartered Surveyor within Energy and Renewables to join them as the business continues to grow. Their Energy and renewables team is based across nine locations within the UK and offers unrivalled consultancy advice across a variety of Renewables schemes which include -
- Battery Storage
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience, with a background in representing and advising landowners on renewable energy developments and projects. This role principally involves representing landowners, promoting land, evaluating offers, and negotiating terms with the preferred developer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Landowner Representation: Act as a trusted advisor to landowners, promoting their land for renewable energy developments and ensuring their interests are well represented throughout the project lifecycle.
- Negotiation: Assist in negotiations with developers, advising on heads of terms and reporting to clients with recommendations.
- Collaboration with other Professionals: Work closely with colleagues, solicitors, accountants, and other professional advisors to provide the best advice to clients.
- Site Visits: Conduct regular site visits nationwide to appraise sites, build relationships with clients and meet with developers.
- Communication: Be an active communicator, maintaining professional relationships with clients, providing.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- MRICS (Desirable but not essential).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience in negotiating renewable energy documentation or commercial leasing negotiations.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Experience with mapping software, preferably GIS.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Friendly and professional approach.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and deal with competing deadlines.
- Strong people skills with an ability to communicate via a range of mediums.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.