About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
- Lead renewable energy transactions such as project sales or PPAs from initiation to conclusion
- Own and/or oversee complex financial and commercial analysis and deliver accurate and timely results to enable good decision making
- Provide commercial leadership across UK&I activities and take on line-management in the UK&I Commercial team
Job Summary/Key Responsibilities
Transactions (sales, acquisitions, etc.)
- Leading on delivery of commercial transactions in the UK and Ireland region across project sales and acquisitions. Project by project, establishing early and trust-based relationships with key internal teams, e.g., Development and Legal. Originating transactions, creating value-optimised structures and negotiating to conclusion.
- Operating and auditing financial models for project, asset & company valuations (Excel-based or using proprietary Global Economic Model system).
- Challenging the assumptions used in financial modelling. Driving the analysis to produce insightful output which support decision-making.
Routes to market
- Leading origination and negotiation of PPAs
- Devising and delivering competitive bidding strategies (bilateral or auction)
- Supporting management of offtaker relationships
- Leading commercial input into business strategy production: understanding and managing internal client needs and delivery to them, researching and producing market, strategic and competitor analysis across several business streams simultaneously, driving market/competitor analysis to generate valuable insights, overseeing input from junior team members
- Supporting the management of investor relationships and maintaining a network of investor contacts.
Other opportunities and analysis
- Providing strategic/commercial input on Thrive (cost reduction) and other value-adding initiatives.
- Providing commercial analysis for new sites, life extension, repowering, construction, asset management, operations, acquisition and/or new business opportunities.
Policy and regulation
- Supporting on engagement with government and regulatory bodies by helping understand the financial and commercial impact of policy decisions.
Team management and coaching
- Providing line management and coaching to analysts in the Commercial team and mentorship across the wider business.
- Ensuring excellence in the implementation of team processes.
- Leading team process definition and improvement activities
- Excellent understanding of the electricity market in the UK and Ireland.
- An excellent appreciation of the different renewable technologies and business models.
- A good network of contacts in the renewables industry.
- Understanding of the contractual structures and principles used in project transactions and PPAs.
- Originating, negotiating and transacting sales and/or acquisitions
Routes to market
- Originating, negotiating and closing PPAs and other routes to market.
Financial modelling and other analysis
- Experience using analytical techniques, discounted cashflow modelling and valuations.
- Line management and coaching.
- Experience in project management & delivering on multiple competing deadlines.
- Broad range of commercial and technical skills including an understanding of energy value chain economics, financial evaluation process, business case preparation and interpreting complex data.
Modelling and analysis
- Excellent numeracy and analytic ability along with attention to detail
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, e.g., discounted cash-flow models
- Strong Excel/modelling skills, with experience in financial modelling
- Excellent communication skills to represent credibly and clearly in meetings with clients, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders.
For more information please contact Michelle: email@example.com