Are you an experienced Ecologist with Project Management Experience? Our client has a highly experienced team of Ecologists working on a wide range of projects across the UK, from small scale to Large scale Housing, Public sector and infrastructure.
They are seeking an experienced Ecologist with Demonstratable experience in managing projects, preparing reports, undertaking surveys, and providing advice to external clients.
- Manage projects, particularly those associated with smaller scale and less complex situations and / or sites.
- Ecologists are required to ensure that projects are completed to a high standard and within budget.
- Undertake ecological surveys for a variety of species and species groups. This will involve both undertaking surveys alone and leading survey teams.
- Collection of high quality and accurate survey data which follows both industry guidelines and our clients survey procedures.
- Developing technical knowledge of species and habitat identification and evaluation.
- Preparing a variety of ecological reports with a focus on; PEAs, EcIAs, EMPs, BMAs and EPSM licence applications.
- All reporting carried out to a high standard and within the requirements of both our clients and CIEEM report writing guidelines.
- Preparation of fee proposals, providing information and support for the preparation of tender documents.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- CIEEM membership.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within an Ecological consultancy.
- Hold at least one Natural England protected species class licences or be progressing towards apply for such a licence.
- Experienced in ecological project management.
- Experienced in ecological survey and assessment techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance.
Why this role?
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- A generous structured training budget and regular in-house training.
- Flexible hours over the summer months with the opportunity to accrue either TOIL or paid overtime.
- Increased hourly rates for undertaking dusk and dawn bat surveys.
- Access to a contributory pension.
- Flexibility to work from home with prior agreement.
- Company laptop.
- CIEEM membership and protected species licence fees paid for by the company.
- A relaxed office environment and a friendly team.
- Regular social events and yearly charity days.
- A rural office location with free car parking, a large garden, wildlife ponds and lunch area.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.