Electrical Design Engineer
£35k- £48k, Manchester / North-West, Hybrid and flexible Working
Are you an Electrical Design engineer, with experience designing and costing LV electrical installations, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial business on their turnkey projects which range between £150k to £5m+ and include roof-mounted PV, ground-mounted solar PV, including complimentary technologies such as energy storage, DNO LV upgrades, LV electrical installations, LED lighting upgrades & commercial heat pump upgrades. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Provide technical support and oversight at tender stage to ensure projects are assessed and system design, specification, performance, quality and project timescales are deliverable.
- Protect the interests of the Company and develop good working relationships with Clients, Consultants, Sub-contractors and Suppliers.
- Ensure that all designs and bids are delivered on time, within budget, and to the Clients requirements.
- To manage and co-ordinate design to ensure project delivery in accordance with Business Plan targets, industry KPI's, ISO 9001, 14001,18001, H & S Policy, and Best Practice and Quality procedures file.
- The position will initially involve travel (throughout the UK) to client sites as well as working away from time to time to assess potential projects. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual and team player, with the communication skills, energy and focus to manage and support a busy pipeline of projects.
- Strong commercial M&E background
- HNC/HND Electrical engineering
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, software required
- Proficient in the use of Relux, Dialux, software (desirable)
- Minimum 3 years' experience designing and estimating commercial M&E projects.
- Previous experience designing commercial Solar PV projects is desirable but not essential
- Ground mounted PV and battery storage experience is highly desirable.
- Engineering technical excellence and pride in work / project outcomes
- Strong Project Management skills, ensuring optimal design and costs on all projects
- Strong engineering thinking, combined with financial & commercial awareness
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise well when designing multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to build relationships and a good rapport with clients to generate confidence
Why this role?
The client we are working with is very entrepreneurial and is experiencing significant growth, which is an exciting time to come aboard and join an expanding team. There is plenty of opportunity to progress further within this role and within the wider business. With a competitive salary, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.