Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
Enfield or Norwich UK
Our client is looking for Graduate Geotechnical Engineers, to join the geotechnical engineering division operating from the company's Norwich and Enfield offices. Graduate engineers will work with our team of geotechnical professionals on a range of site investigation projects across East Anglia, the south of England and further afield.
Successful candidates will be trained in all aspects of the role, working with peers and supervisors to become competent in the following duties and responsibilities:
- Taking enquiries, entering them to our system and assisting with quotes.
- Researching background geological and environmental information for quotations and reports.
- Contacting clients and suppliers as part of helping engineers plan and manage projects.
- Planning and co-ordinating site investigation fieldwork.
- Helping to complete fieldwork, including supervising trial pit excavations, carrying out soil infiltration testing and other in-situ tests, supervising drilling crews and returning to site to complete borehole monitoring to record ground gas concentrations and recover groundwater samples.
- Reading and becoming familiar with appropriate guidance documents and professional standards, ensuring all work is carried out in a professional manner in accordance with the relevant standards, guidelines and the client's requirements.
- Ensuring work is carried out in a safe manner, according to risk assessments specific to the project and our standard working practices. Reporting any dangerous practices or accidents.
- Describing soil samples on site and recovered from fieldwork to the appropriate standards.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following requirements of the role:
- Hold a degree in a relevant subject (Geology, Engineering Geology, Environmental science or Geography)
- Full UK driver's license
- Excellent communication skills (Both written and verbal)
- Organisational skills
- Keen interest in learning new skills.
Why this role?
Our client are geotechnical and geo-environmental specialists that have been providing expert and cost-effective investigation, testing and consultancy services for over 45 years. They are a progressive employer offering a competitive remuneration package including: a negotiated salary, profit sharing and company pension scheme; and the added benefit of being part of a successful and vibrant group of professionals, with opportunities for career progression.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.