Hydrogeologist (Numerical Modelling)
Competitive Salary / London UK (Hybrid Working)
We are looking for an experienced Hydrogeological Consultant in numerical modelling, to carry out studies related to the distribution, flow and quality of groundwater, making appropriate recommendations on mitigative actions of potential impacts and providing further specialist groundwater input/advice on resources projects (mining sector, oil and gas and renewables) throughout Africa.
Our client is passionate about what they do and are extremely fortunate to be able to make a difference in the lives of their colleagues, their clients, the communities they work in and the environment.
You will be expected to.
- Liaise fieldwork teams and contractors on site, locally and internationally.
- Interpret technical data and information from maps and historical documents to build a conceptual model of groundwater flow and quality.
- Design and complete groundwater supply studies, groundwater monitoring programmes, groundwater impact assessments, groundwater quality assessments (which may include environmental measurements and sampling for ongoing monitoring), and mine dewatering studies in order to confirm results from or serve as input into hydrogeological models.
- Use conceptual and numerical modelling techniques to enable predictions of future groundwater trends and/or impacts on groundwater flow and quality, and design of mine inflows and dewatering requirements.
- Collect & interpret hydrogeological data relating to mine dewatering and water monitoring.
- Undertake field excursions in order to complete the above; locally and internationally.
You will Have.
- A Hydrogeology background.
- Experience in groundwater modelling (preferred).
- Environmental management experience.
- Project management experience.
- A valid driver's license.
- A Valid passport;
- An honours in Hydrogeology (MSc. preferred) or related field.
- 5 or more years' experience with all relevant fieldwork in a consulting sector.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.