Nuclear Safety Professional £50k-£60k
Our Client supports their clients with the design and assurance of safety critical plant control systems. Their clients' face the challenge to maintain and modify their plant systems while striving to meet the UK government's goal of net-zero emissions by 2050 in a world where increased connectivity and smart technology brings both opportunity and threat.
Our Clients' Control & Instrumentation engineers undertake a range of projects across multiple sectors from manufacturing and process industry to civil nuclear sites, fusion and defence.
The projects vary from small scoping and feasibility studies for modifications or upgrades, to the design of complex process plants, including high integrity safety functions and advising on the development of safety critical systems.
- System architecture design
- Control philosophy, instrument selection and system detailed design specification
- Safety system reliability assessment
- System cyber resilience
- Equipment Qualification
- Compliance assessment of processes and design artefacts against international and industry standards and UK regulation.
- Planning and execution of qualification programmes, as well as hardware and software testing.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Electronics, Electrical or Control Systems degree
- Experience of control and safety system specification, design and substantiation
- An awareness of structured functional safety processes such as IEC61508
- Registered and working towards CEng
- Technical report writing skills.
Why this role?
Typically, the engineers have multiple projects progressing at any one time which gives a good variety of work. The work often interfaces with other teams to deliver a multi-disciplined service offering, collaboration and effective communication internally and to clients is an essential element of this role.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.