Manager: Mining and Environmental Hydrogeology
London UK (Hybrid Working)
We are looking for a Hydrogeology professional with experience managing a team Hydrogeologist, to join an international consultancy working on resources projects, who will be responsible for the technical delivery of work, department management, business development and marketing for an international team.
You will be expected to.
- Coordinate field campaigns to collect data relating to the hydrocensus data, hydrogeological setting, aquifer hydraulic properties, groundwater levels/quality data and/or mine dewatering requirements.
- Interpret technical data and information from fieldwork and other relevant sources such as historical documents and maps to build conceptual models for groundwater flow and quality.
- Design and complete investigations (which may include groundwater measurements/sampling or an ongoing monitoring regime) in order to confirm or further develop hydrogeological models.
- Use numerical and analytical modelling techniques to make predictions for future trends and impacts on groundwater flows and quality.
- The successful incumbent will have a B.Sc. degree (M.Sc. preferred) in hydrogeology.
- Experience in the relevant field, preferably within the consulting environment would be beneficial.
- Experience working in the resources industry.
- Must have a driver's licence.
- Proven experience in managing a Project team.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.