Our client is the world's largest independent renewable energy company they are searching for an experienced O&M Manager to work at either their Kings Langley or Exeter office or to be a home worker who is able to travel across the South region including Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset - regular travel to operational sites in these areas will be required.
You will ensure contractual and statutory compliance for a portfolio of Solar O&M contracts, following company safety, quality and environmental systems. The goals are to maximise the production from client assets, increase maintenance efficiency and achieve a high level of safety performance.
You will be an electrical engineer with experience planning maintenance on MW-scale solar plants. You will have the opportunity to work towards Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status.
This is a permanent role and will require availability for some weekend on-call duties. Although office-based, regular travel to operational sites will also be required. A company vehicle allowance, phone and laptop/tablet will be provided.
Reporting to the Senior O&M Manager, the responsibilities of the O&M Manager include:
- Provide the Solar O&M service to meet the client contractual requirements, including the provision of a reactive callout service operating 24/7/365
- Staff terms, recruitment, training, and competency. Ensuring callout rota has full coverage.
- Commercial offerings and contractual terms
- Work with Tools and vehicle coordinator to ensure all Tool and equipment needs are met
- Measure maintenance performance metrics and take actions to improve
- Produce maintenance plans observing contract, manufacturer's requirements, and good industry practice
- Schedule resources, safely managing work control, and reporting on completed work
- Ensure compliance with the Safety Rules
- Write and review RAMS, permits and maintenance procedures
- Daily management of a team of engineers, ensuring adherence to safety requirements at all time
- Stock management and procurement of materials
- Manage supplier relationships and equipment warranties
- Collaborate with external stakeholders such as DNO and asset owner
- Reacting to emergencies, site outages and changing circumstances
- Determine common causes of lost production and identifying performance improvement opportunities
- Single point of contact for the O&M service, and providing updates to clients and information for contractual reporting (within specific region)
- P&L responsibilities for the services and contracts under management
- Ensure client invoicing and supplier payment is carried out correctly
- Play an important part in adopting new sites into the maintenance systems
- Used and maintain a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other quality management tools
- Achieve and maintain Control Person status under Electrical Safety Rules
- Other tasks determined by the role
- Knowledge of the legislation underpinning UK low voltage electrical asset operation and maintenance
- Detailed knowledge of UK industry
- Detailed knowledge of LV asset maintenance practices including HSG230
- Knowledge of solar farm assets
- Strong approach to safe working practices
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities whilst ensuring safety and quality are maintained
- Identify problems, conduct analysis and develop solutions
- Plan high voltage maintenance work including labour, materials and skills
- Experience successful commercial and contractual business management
- Experience solving tough technical and commercial challenges with new approaches
- Experience working under and contributing to improvements of ISO9001 compliant management systems
- Previous line management of Engineers
- Have previously set up a new service or department
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience engineering or other relevant qualification, or equivalent industry experience
- Electrical Engineering undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience
- IOSH Managing Safely or CITB SMSTS or equivalent
- Holds or previously held SAP, AP, Control Person authorisation under high voltage electrical safety rules
- NEBOSH diploma desirable.