O&M Technician - Solar
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual within our clients operation and maintenance team as a Renewable Field Engineer. The role is to maintain their clients Solar PV plants performing Planned Preventative Maintenance as per the scheduled PPM Annual maintenance plan as well as unscheduled reactive maintenance.
The role is predominantly field based with the main base of operations located in Northamptonshire. Also looking for a candidate located in the South, around the Bognor Regis area, West Sussex.
O&M Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
* Adhere to health and safety procedures at all times following and completing site specific risk assessments and method statements prior to commencing activities.
* Perform planned preventative maintenance in line with the annual PPM schedules including routine testing and essential maintenance in accordance with manufacturer warranties.
* Diagnosing, fault finding and carrying out corrective maintenance of faults.
* Daily completion of PPM / corrective maintenance reports: detailing all measures taken, materials used, timescales of tasks and report any remedial works required to be planned in by the admin O&M team
* Conduct site inductions for visitors and third-party contractors to sites complying with Health and safety regulations.
* Alert line manager and supervising engineers of any issues identified.
O&M Electrical Engineer Requirements: Desirable
* Minimum of level 2/3 City & Guilds electrical installation or electrical engineering
* 3+ years Solar PV O&M Experience on Utility Scale Solar
* A good understanding of Central/String Inverters with relevant Manufacturer's training
* Knowledge of power electronics and circuitry, power generation technologies and equipment
* Familiarity with Earthing Systems - including measuring and monitoring Relays.
* 3+ years LV/HV Planned Preventative maintenance G59 Competent.
* HV experience is advantageous, training will be provided to the right candidate.
* Full clean UK driving licence.
* City & Guilds 17/18th BS7671 Wiring Regs.
* Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
* AP15/OP40 - Certified