Principal Ecologist-Team lead
Are you a Principal Ecologist looking to take the next step into leadership?
My client is looking for someone to help drive innovation of their Ecological delivery nationally and mentor and guide junior ecologists as they develop. The role will come with an interesting a varied portfolio of work including flood, coastal and maritime projects for their clients such as the Environment Agency and Local Authorities.
The position will be varied and duties include:
- Mentoring and guiding more junior ecologists.
- Helping to drive the ecological capability and innovation of our national team.
- Providing technical leadership on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, rail, renewable/ energy projects and other large-scale infrastructure.
- Managing all stages of Ecological Impact Assessments from feasibility to delivery and monitoring.
- Providing ecological input into planning, HRA and other consents.
- Overseeing protected species licence applications and mitigation.
- Design of habitat restoration/creation schemes and delivering Biodiversity Net Gain.
- Supporting business development and tenders.
- Providing a key interface with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required
- have an ecological/environmental related degree.
- be or working towards Chartered Ecologist or Environmentalist.
- hold a number of protected species licences or another ecological specialism.
- have excellent written and oral communication.
- enjoy innovation and embracing advances in technology and ecology.
- hold a full UK driving licence.
- previous consultancy experience is desirable.
Why this role?
Our Client develops intelligent solutions using their award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since their foundation over 100 years ago. They create new possibilities for humanity through their innovative approach to delivery.
Together with their clients, they are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Their business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.