Principal Energy Consultant
London / Flexible Working
Are you a Principal Engineer with a particular focus on technical leadership and delivery, with an excellent grasp of the UK energy market, and how buildings, estates, towns and cities can be decarbonized, looking for a great new role!
We're looking for a Principal Energy Consultant to join a team that specialises in low carbon sustainable design of buildings and energy systems, supporting both Government research, policy development and investment in low carbon decentralised energy systems and their practical design and delivery. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Lead the technical delivery of energy engineering projects including district energy, energy efficiency and renewable technology feasibility and design projects.
- Project management and technical leadership of projects
- Interfacing, communicating and building relationships with clients and key contacts around the business and wider industry
- Mentoring and guiding junior engineers
- Bid writing and work winning
- Detailed knowledge of building services, their design and operational requirements including controls (SCADA/BEMS) and utilities
- Knowledge of renewable and low carbon technologies
- Knowledge of energy regulation and compliance requirements (Part L)
- Knowledge of the Heat Networks Code of Practice
- A good understanding of the UK energy market
- Knowledge on heating design; boilers, flues, pumps, pipework, CHP design in ranges greater than 100 kWe including electrical interface elements
- Knowledge of renewables, energy storage, EVs
- Commercial awareness and the ability to assess the long term operational impacts of operation and maintenance of mechanical/electrical plant
- Ability to design energy centres including boilers, CHPs, heat pumps, thermal stores and utility connection
- Knowledge of design and layout of plantrooms; spatial coordination associated with installation and maintenance
- Detailed knowledge of systems associated with DE design and operation; metering, billing, controls, pump methodologies, HIUs
- Detailed knowledge of commissioning practices associated with building services
- Knowledge of the ESCo marketplace, governance and regulation
- Understanding of BIM practices
- Knowledge of NES
Why this role?
Our client is very committed to helping its employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, they actively celebrate flexible working and would be happy to discuss a working arrangement to suit you. You will also receive a competitive salary, 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.