Senior Freshwater Consultant
UK Based Remote/Home Working.
We are seeking an experienced Freshwater Consultant, to join the established Freshwater Biology Team. The successful candidate will be joining a small team and have an in-depth knowledge of hydro-ecology and freshwater ecology projects, including freshwater environmental assessments. The roles focus is the need for the balance between the natural environment and anthropogenic sustainable development. You will provide evidence-based solutions to deliver a range of projects for conservation and environmental agencies, the water and energy industries, infrastructure and supporting services; unified by the theme of protecting the aquatic environment, whilst aiding development to take place where appropriate.
You will work closely with the senior management team to assist the expansion of the Freshwater Biology Team, by securing and managing a wide range of Freshwater consultancy projects. Expanding the current client portfolio and enhancing the teams skillset.
You will be expected to.
- Bring your expertise in freshwater ecology, hydrology, invasive non-native species, water quality, environmental management, and data analytics
- Carry out and direct field work and data collection
- Liaising with clients and promoting growth across the Group
- Report writing to a high standard, carrying out freshwater ecology monitoring -including: macroinvertebrates, macrophytes and diatoms
- Understanding baseline condition and assessing environmental change
The successful candidate will already be working in the field of Aquatic Science, Freshwater Ecology or Hydro-Ecology and have:
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant subject
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Water Framework Directive and Habitat Directives
- Excellent numerical, report writing and communication skills
- Experience of delivering aquatic projects within a consultancy environment
Why is role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation who prides themselves on creating a diverse and inclusive team. There are excellent flexible working options available, to achieve work life balance. Many employees have worked on projects that have been of personal interest to them. They are committed to continuous development of employees to support your career. The benefits package includes private medical insurance for all employees, access to mental health first aiders and comprehensive income protection if you cannot work.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Justine at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.