Senior / Principal / Associate Director - Geotechnical Engineering / Engineering Geology
Are you an experienced Geo professional with experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, looking for a family-friendly environment that's perfect for starting a new life with fresh opportunities?
We're looking for practical and dedicated 'all-rounders' to join an already established geotechnical and environmental team in Aberdeen. A city that is well known for offering the best of both worlds for both energetic go-getters and people who prefer a quieter life, with its mountains and coast in close proximity. Whether you prefer mountain climbing or a relaxing stroll along the coast, both are easily accessible in Aberdeen. If this sounds like you, read on!
- You'll be responsible for continued development of more junior staff, client base and help manage geo workload.
- You will help lead and manage an established team of geotechnical and environmental team comprising of engineering geologists, and geo-environmental and geo-technical engineers.
- You'll have strong project management experience, able to lead technical project teams, robust technical abilities and a strong sense of customer service and business development.
- You'll have experience in a range of sectors, including commercial, retail, residential, hotels, industrial, ports, renewables, infrastructure, and education. Providing robust, technically sound and cost-effective solutions to Clients throughout.
- You'll have a thorough understanding in the assessment and detailed design of:
- Slope stability;
- Soil & Rock engineering;
- Ground improvement;
- Ground movement and settlement/subsidence;
- Mineral workings and natural cavities.
- Basement engineering
- You'll have experience in a civil engineering / geotechnical engineering consultancy of which at least 5 years must be in the UK
- Desirable - Chartered Geologist or Chartered Engineer
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to offering plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. Whilst Aberdeen can offer excellent schooling and an outdoors lifestyle, whilst working on some interesting projects. This is a great role to achieve your personal goals and be part of a well-established team of engineering geologists, and geo-environmental and geo-technical engineers.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.