Water Quality Consultant
Redhill, Swansea, Bradford-on-Avon, Chester, Glasgow, Birmingham and Leeds (Hybrid)
Are you a Water Quality Consultant with experience working with SIMCAT-SAGIS?
Our client has operated at the forefront of the development of innovative and sustainable water infrastructure around the globe for over 100 years. Working on exciting projects for clients like the Environment Agency and Natural resources Wales
The position will be varied and duties include:
- Providing technical support to catchment management and water quality projects including the review and application of water quality modelling tools
- Production of Water Framework Directive Compliance Assessments to support environmental assessments.
- Input into Water Industry National Environment Programme (WINEP) water resources and water quality management projects, including data analysis and interpretation.
- Input to design and coordination of water monitoring programmes in line with best practice (e.g. groundwater and surface water quality surveys, water level surveys, geomorphology surveys)
- Providing input to designs for river restoration, Integrated Constructed Wetlands and Natural Flood Risk Management projects.
- Advice on implications for the water environment from engineering designs, as well as development of mitigation and enhancement opportunities
- An environmental related degree
- An understanding of UK legislation associated with water management.
- Ideally, experience with using industry standard water quality modelling tools (such as SIMCAT-SAGIS)
- Demonstratable knowledge of relevant legislation in the UK
Why this role?
Our Client develops intelligent solutions using their award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since their foundation over 100 years ago. They create new possibilities for humanity through their innovative approach to delivery.
Together with their clients, they are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Their business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.