London UK, St Hellier Jersey, Johannesburg South Africa, Gaborone Botswana, Dar es Salaam Tanzania and Bamako Mali
Are you a Social performance professional with global experience working on mining projects in Africa, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for a Social Scientist, who will provide and carry out social and resettlement activities throughout Africa. If this sounds like you, read on!
You'll be expected to;
- Managing the administrative and technical aspects of social impact assessment and resettlement projects (either as stand-alone projects or as part of an ESIA).
- Win projects through proposal compilation and build positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Complete Social Impact Assessment reports and Resettlement Action Plans.
- Manage socio-economic and asset surveys.
- Engage with stakeholders at community and government levels.
- Liaise with clients and project partners.
- Provide support and mentorship to junior staff.
You will have skills and experience in;
- Compiling professional reports that meet applicable technical requirements.
- Being willing to travel internationally.
- 5 or more years' experience in resettlement planning or social impact assessments and related field.
- Special-purpose studies (e.g. Social and Labour Plans, Community Development Plans, influx management, artisanal mining, etc.) would be beneficial.
- French or Swahili would be beneficial (but not essential).
- Must have a valid driver's licence.
Why this role?
The client we are working with is committed to making a difference in both their environment and their business. They are a rapidly growing organisation and encourage both formal and informal professional development. Their organisation is very diverse with people from all around the world and they don't only encourage diversity, they embrace it. With a rewards and benefits package that is structured to ensure that their employees and their families are well looked after, this is a brilliant organisation to make your next career move!
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.