Solar Design Engineer
£30k- £35k, Manchester / North-West, Hybrid and flexible Working
Are you a Solar Design engineer, with experience designing non-domestic roof-mounted Solar PV and ground-mounted solar PV, looking for a great new role?
We're looking for a Solar Design Engineer to join a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial business on their turnkey projects which range between £150k to £5m+ and include roof-mounted PV, ground-mounted solar PV, including complimentary technologies such as energy storage, DNO LV upgrades, LV electrical installations, LED lighting upgrades & commercial heat pump upgrades. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Design PV system using Helioscope, PVSyst or other PV design software
- Support projects by providing design layout, system specification, cost estimates and technical reports
- Work on a range of commercial-scale rooftop, ground mount and car port solar projects
- May include conducting technical site surveys (nationwide)
- Attend client meetings and build rapport to coordinate and develop solutions
- Coordinate statutory applications/submission, as required (DNO, planning, screening etc)
- Support the commercial team in the preparation of technical submission documents and tenders, from a technical perspective
- Uphold a robust health and safety culture across the company
- Support the development of quality management systems and divisional processes
- Ensure projects are delivered to the highest quality of engineering and technical standard
- Gain and maintain knowledge of latest Electrical Codes (CPD)
- Carry out other duties that from time to time may be required.
- Application of BS 7671 wiring regulation
- Minimum 2 years' experience with commercial solar design
- Commercial awareness in renewable energy
- Ground mounted PV and battery storage experience is highly desirable
- Clear communicator, confident in communicating and influencing at all levels
- Full UK Driving Licence
Why this role?
The client we are working with is very entrepreneurial and is experiencing significant growth, which is an exciting time to come aboard and join an expanding team. There is plenty of opportunity to progress further within this role and within the wider business. With a competitive salary, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.