Building Services Design Engineer
£42k - £55k, Manchester (hybrid)
Are you passionate about helping the transition to net zero carbon?
Our client is a leader in the renewables solutions field (solar PV, energy storage, and renewable heating) part of a group who employs over 3,000 people worldwide with projects ranging from £150k to £5m plus. They're now looking to expand their Manchester office by adding a Building Services Design Engineer to the team, with hybrid working (with 2-3 days per week in the office).
An experienced professional, you'll work closely with clients and the internal bid team to ensure the designs and budgets/cost of heating systems are delivered post technical site surveys, design and equipment specifications.
You'll be adept at delivering turnkey renewable heating solutions - air/ground/water sourced heat pump projects across large scale commercial projects. For this role, typical clients would include Local Authorities, NHS Trusts and Universities.
If successful, you'll manage the growing renewables heating department for our client's organisation, with ownership of projects from concept to completion - from precise surveys, calculations, designs and quotes to expertly communicating with internal and external stakeholders. With expert knowledge, you'll provide technical support and guide the engineers throughout, manage Renewables Engineers and sub-contractors to deadline, adhere to KPIs and best practice, and ensure quality inspections are carried out post-implementation.
With excellent people management and team building skills, you'll want to motivate and develop your team and have the continued drive to grow the business.
- Minimum 5 years' designing commercial HVAC systems with renewable heating experience (would be a significant advantage)
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical or building services engineering (Essential)
- Chartered Heating Engineer status (Desirable)
- Experience AutoCAD, IES & relevant MEP design software (Essential)
- Engineering technical excellence and pride in work / project outcomes
- Strong Project Management, engineering, financial and commercial awareness skills
- Attention to detail, accurate and methodical approach
- Ability to work under pressure and provide clear, concise communication
- Networker and relationship builder who is prepared to travel across the Northwest (and occasionally the UK)
Why this role?
Our client is committed to offering excellent opportunities for progression within a supportive and professional team. If you're looking to further your career, this great role could be just what you're looking for.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button or send an email to Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that combat and build an understanding of climate change, and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together.