Business Development Manager
£50k- £70k (Dependant on experience)
Edinburgh, Cambridge, London (Hybrid Working)
Are you an experienced B2B professional who can network and unearth opportunities, with a background in delivering energy and / or sustainability solutions to large businesses, looking for a great new role!
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join a growing sales team within one of Europe's leading research and consulting companies helping organisations develop the right strategies, business models and customer propositions for the energy transition. If this sounds like you, read on!
You'll be responsible for.
- Growing the business, delivering sales and driving revenue
- Qualifying marketing leads and proactive outreach to prospects (i.e., new client development) via both inbound and outbound activities
- Identifying, engaging and closing profitable deals from your pipeline of qualified B2B opportunities
- Managing several often-complex deals through all stages of the sales journey, from opportunity qualification to contract negotiation
- Account management of existing customers (i.e., renewals, upsell and cross-sell of Research Products and qualification of Consulting opportunities)
- Leveraging existing connections within business customers to grow research and consulting opportunities
- Communicating with prospects, clients or subscribers via presentations, webinars and face-to-face meetings
- Building long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Representing at conferences and professional organisations to expand brand recognition and promote business development activities
- Supporting and working closely with the Marketing team in campaigns, webinars, events etc.
- Relevant experience (5+ years) in energy sales, energy efficiency and/or energy transition topics is a prerequisite. Experience in EV and e-mobility would be desirable (but not essential)
- Have a proven commercial track record across multiple accounts, developing clients and establishing trusted advisor relationships
- Experience building sales pipelines and converting into new business sales
Why this role?
It is important to our client to live and work to their company values, which creates a great company culture and a place that people love to work. There is plenty of opportunity to progress further within this role and within the wider business. With a competitive salary, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let us help build a better world, together.