Business Development Manager - Battery Storage
Are you an experienced Business Development professional, with a technical engineering background in the energy services or energy asset/infrastructure sector? Knowledge of battery storage and dynamic containment would be a bonus.
Our client is looking to bring a Business Development Manager on board in a new role, to be part of a dynamic, innovative and successful company implementing the next generation of large-scale embedded generation projects.
- Identify battery storage or other energy opportunities by researching relevant business sectors and building a strong, targeted network
- Contribute to the development process of asset projects, providing creative solutions to deliver cost, efficiency and low carbon solutions to energy consumers and infrastructure projects
- Maintain effective partner relationships to establish recurring energy business opportunities
- Develop a good working-level knowledge of UK energy services sector, in particular the technology options, and the commercial and regulatory drivers
- Implement an organised structured approach to pipeline management to ensure effective internal and external stakeholder engagement throughout the development cycle
- Develop wider business opportunities and capability and present to investors
- Have at least 3 years' experience of developing strong energy business-partner relationships to deliver an effective pipeline of commercial opportunities and likely have a technical engineering background.
- Degree qualified in Business or STEM subjects in a UK university is highly desirable
- Experience of prospecting and managing client relationships in a technical sales environment is a pre-requisite. Experience of the energy services or energy asset/infrastructure sector is desirable.
- Must be an articulate communicator, with demonstrable lead development and proposition presentation skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to deliver commercial solutions to the low carbon energy transition.
- Contract management experience is highly desirable
- Energetic and committed
Why this role?
This is an electric opportunity to be a significant part of the energy transition, working within a close-knit team and in a flat management structure.
Our client's success story has earned them a distinguished reputation in the power industry. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing company that will actively look to offer you the development and experience to enhance your skill set. They have also recently moved to a bright spacious modern office with Kitchen and shower facilities.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Thomas at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.