|Job Title:||Commercial Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Lancashire - Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Claire Baker|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
Key Responsibilities as the Commercial Manager
• Assist with commercial management of various work packages as directed. These may include:
• Design, Installation, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way.
• Responsible for work package change control and management.
• Provides key commercial interface for responsible work package manager.
• Responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control.
• Provides Input to internal and external commercial reports as required by Commercial Delivery Strategy.
• Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders. Eg: finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and client.
• Mentoring and coaching of junior members of the team
Previous Experience required for the role of Commercial Manager:
As the ideal candidate, you will have Strong Experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager, ideally working on Rail Signalling Projects but will consider individuals with major rail project experience. You will also have:
• Experience of working within a contractor side project environment.
• Experience of managing large projects (circa £30million).
• Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar).
• Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs.
• Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods.
• Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Good Contractual knowledge and experience.
Our client is offering a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension and flexible benefits scheme. Our client is a global innovative engineering organisation who truly believe in further developing their staff.
We look forward to receiving your application.