Ecologist up to £65k DOE
Are you an experienced Ecologist looking to make a difference?
Do you have experience in Habitat Surveys and demonstratable experience in Remote sensing and GIS?
- Being prepared to work flexible times in assisting the delivery of client projects.
- The role will be integral to further developing the ISMS solution, supporting customer onboarding and maintaining an excellent service experience.
- Participation in client on-boarding process, be a source of environmental expertise and reinforce our customer experience.
- Part of the operational team of ecologists and geospatial specialists to validate, refine and provide quality assurance to baseline maps.
- Field experiments and field surveys (for clients) when necessary and provide assurance to the accuracy / quality of Geospatial analysis and model training datasets.
- Support product development activities and contribute to new concepts and present new ideas to wider audiences.
- Research, develop and maintain a library comprising regional standards, classification methods, eco-data sources and verification requirements.
- Guide and provide expertise to enable the development of additional product applications i.e. ecosystem metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with data scientists and data engineers to integrate Geospatial models and new applications into the production pipeline.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Degree level with industry experience in ecology, environmental science or related field with a focus on habitat enhancement, biodiversity and Carbon analysis.
- Professional body membership - associate / full / chartered member status is desirable I.e. CIEEM (UK) or equivalent
- Demonstrable GIS mapping experience and ecological consultancy skills (exposure to external / contracted clients)
- Experience in Environmental reporting and field surveys to professional standards (Desktop, habitat / ecological survey, Environment Assessment / Environment Preview Report / Environmental Impact Assessment)
- Some experience with remote sensing i.e. aerial imagery, Satellite imagery, drone imagery etc. Desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ecosystem services and natural capital accounting. Experience of reporting and quantifying eco-system services is highly desirable (e.g. biodiversity, Carbon stored / in flux, water quality to regional classification and standards).
- Practicable experience in providing habitat surveys i.e. Phase 1 or UK Habitat, verification work and recommending enhancement options to clients - ability to self-organise / manage workload is key.
- Experience in researching and developing natural capital / ecosystem service methods.
- Understanding of the Biodiversity Net Gain process (UK or similar elsewhere).
- A high degree of self-motivation, and willingness to work in a fast paced and unstructured business environment.
Why this role?
The client is on a mission to increase the climate resiliency and sustainability of critical infrastructure using satellites and AI. This problem is more important than ever for society, and they are proud to be on the front lines making a difference. They work with customers that have distributed assets in electric, gas and water utilities, transportation, construction and mining.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.