|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Callum Graham|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
The opportunity to join a small, dynamic consultancy based in East Sussex has arisen. The team is undergoing an expansion, creating this an exciting time to join. The successful candidate will be expected to be competent in a range of survey techniques and be well versed in report writing.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a wide range of ecological surveys and mitigation impact assessments. You will be expected to carry out comprehensive desk studies, research, and be competent with data management.
You will be required to write clear and factually accurate reports and be able to produce these under time constraints.
You are expected to possess good personal and time management skills and be able to operate and work to project briefs in a client-led environment.
As the successful applicant, you will be joining a tight knit team of professional ecologists that founded their success on the quality and wellbeing of their team. They have a large focus on the development and education of candidates and positive workplaces practices that are mutually beneficial for candidate and client alike. You will be working in a range of sectors including education, renewable energy, transport and local development planning.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 2 years of ecological consultant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey techniques including habitat and phase 1.
- Ability to contribute to producing high quality technical outputs, including Phase 1 reports, PEAs, protected species survey reports, ecological mitigation/enhancement plans.
- Willingness to mentor and inspire assistant ecologists.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- Knowledge of Ecological impact assessments/ habitat regulations.
- A protected species License
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and through written communication.
- Experience of GIS software.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com