Consultant Ecologist / Senior Ecologist
£24k- £36k / Edinburgh, Scotland
Are you a highly motivated and dynamic ecologist looking to progress your career within an ambitious environmental consultancy?
We're looking for Consultant / Senior Ecologist to work on multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors and for a wide variety of clients, for one of the largest Ecology teams in the UK. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Consultant ecologists will be expected to bring technical expertise in survey design and delivery, as well as experience of protected species mitigation and licences (e.g. bats, Badger, GCN). Consultant ecologists will manage and lead smaller short-term projects (with senior support), and work closely with clients across a range of project sizes.
- Senior ecologists will be expected to bring extensive technical expertise in survey design and delivery, as well as experience of protected species mitigation and licences (e.g. bats, Badger, GCN). Senior ecologists will manage and lead projects, and work closely with clients across a range of project sizes.
The skills and experience required will depend on the grade you are applying for, but as a minimum, we seek the following from experienced ecologists:
- An undergraduate degree and preferably a post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Ability to multi-task and work proactively and flexibly in support of changing workloads;
- Protected Species Licences e.g. NatureScot bat survey licence;
- Experience of delivering PEAR, EcIA and HRA;
- Obtaining EPS mitigation licences;
- Ability to work away from home as / when required to undertake surveys as part of a field team (all expenses paid);
Why this role?
Our clients culture is driven by their strength in teamwork and professionalism. They promote integrity and treat people with respect. They support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people from every background can come together and do great things. They invest in their people and support professional development and are committed to supporting their people and giving them tools to make improvements to their health and wellbeing, this is a great role to achieve your personal goals.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.