Energy Consultant and Energy Consultant
Allen and York are proud to recruit Energy Consultants for a successful, well-renowned company in London. There is a large space and a potential to grow within this stable, expanding firm.
There are two levels of the role we are taking into consideration: Senior and Consultant level.
For the more senior level, you would demonstrate:
- A strong technical understanding of energy reduction, building energy audits, construction technology, building services and renewable energy technologies
- An ability to communicate and engage clients at all levels on technical issues and to translate complex concepts into understandable language
- Experience in energy and sustainability in either new or existing buildings - particularly in delivering a substantial number of energy audits and energy management projects
- Passionate about saving energy, carbon and wider sustainability issues
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
- Relevant degree and/or masters - mechanical, electrical, energy management etc.
- Current member or seeking membership of a professional body - CIBSE / IMECHE / Energy Institute or other appropriate
- Attention to detail and accuracy, ideally in written, visual and numeric work and proven project management skills
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships and good experience of leading individuals or small teams
- Awareness of EPCs, DECs, BREEAM and low energy design principles is highly desirable
- Experience of working with commercial property and an understanding of the landlord and tenant relationship is desirable
For the consultant level, 2 years of experience within consultancy environment, especially around FM sector would be sufficient. Design & Built background would also be acceptable, but it would have to be balanced with Operations aspect intricacies.