Environmental Consultant / Senior Environmental Consultant
Hybrid - Brentford
An exciting opportunity has become available to join one of our clients as an Environmental Consultant or Senior Environmental Consultant working predominantly within the waste sector. Our client is a people focussed, results driven environmental consultancy with more than 18 years' experience in waste, recycling and resource management sectors. They have injected environmental sustainability into their strategy to nurture the planet by achieving ISO 14001 status.
Working across waste and resource management, land quality, environmental monitoring, management systems and analysis and testing, our client is looking for an experienced consultant focussed within waste management to support with both existing and new projects as the business continues to grow.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Advise clients on issues relating to waste management and resource use, and compliance with the relevant environmental regulations and guidance.
- Manage client projects relating to waste permitting (applications, transfer, variations and surrenders), and the preparation of environmental management system documents including fire prevention plans, accident management plans and environmental risk assessments.
- Prepare and submit WEEE and producer compliance applications on behalf of clients.
- Participate in environmental monitoring, waste testing and waste classification projects and the planning and management of waste research projects and trials.
- Undertake duty of care waste audits
- Provide support to trainers in the delivery of WAMITAB qualifications and training courses.
- Provide business development within the Waste and Resources team to increase the number of clients and broaden the range of services delivered, including close liaison with the relevant trade associations, and the provision of proposals and tenders.
- Assist in other waste management projects as required, including liaison with clients and associated project management.
- Promptly address deficiencies and actively contribute to ensure continual improvement of the Integrated Management System (IMS), including following up on non-conformances and observations to ensure root cause investigations have been undertaken and corrective actions are effective.
- Prioritise tasks effectively managing time and workload to maximise the completion of the above responsibilities.
- Complete tasks associated with other projects as instructed by line manager.
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Relevant science degree as a minimum
- Experience in a role involved in environmental permitting (including fire prevention plans) and/or producer compliance applications, either with the Environment Agency or a consultancy company.
- Experience of the waste management recycling and/or metal recycling industries.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability and self-confidence to build strong working relationships internally and externally at all levels.
- Experience of environmental monitoring or waste classification would be advantageous.
- Good background in health and safety, a relevant IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be advantageous.
- Relevant professional membership, for example CIWM and chartered status, would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ISO management systems would be advantageous.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Sean at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.