The company has currently various (for the time being only) ground mount solar PV assets under management. You will be required on a daily basis to visit various sites in the portfolio of the company, under the instructions of the O&M Managers/Operators of the company and report findings, observations and measurements done on site back to the control room.
You will be asked to work closely with the back end engineers in order to execute (i) planned preventative maintenance, (ii) corrective maintenance and (iii) troubleshooting. Workorders will be assigned via the company's CMMS system. The same system will be used for all formal communications between Field Service Engineers and Control Room.
In certain occasions you will be asked to support the team by identifying local suppliers for various materials and services in order to conduct corrective maintenance activities
- Relevant qualification in an electrical/mechanical or engineering discipline
- City & Guilds 17/18th BS7671 Wiring Regs.
- City & Guilds 2399-13-Solar PV Installation
- City & Guilds 2399-14-Solar PV maintenance or equivalent
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
- AP15/OP40 - Certified
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Test & Inspect or equivalent
- Holder of an ECS (Electrical Contractors skills)
- 3+ years Solar PV O&M Experience on Utility Scale Solar
- 3+ years Network diagnostics & Remote communications experience
- 3+ years LV/HV Planned Preventative maintenance G59 Competent
- Familiarity with Earthing Systems - including measuring and monitoring Relays
- Excellent understanding of Central/String Inverters with relevant Manufacturers training
- Excellent computer skills with a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as CMMS and Reporting software
- Knowledge of power electronics and circuitry, power generation technologies and equipment
- Excellent understanding of CCTV systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for routine maintenance, testing, and remedial work on deployed solar PV systems
- Responsible for complying with company procedures
- Responsible for performing Preventative Maintenance accordingly with the PPM annual plan
- Responsible for performing Corrective Maintenance as occurs
- Reporting of activities performed on site, upon any site visit and on a daily basis, through the CMMS or manual reports as applicable
- Own risk assessment, analysis and operational Limitations. Report all near misses to manager
- Responsible for supervision and coordination of third party contractors carrying out works on site
- Coordinate third party contractors in order to comply with H&S Regulations
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of electrical testing, that are suitable for audit
- Fault finding for any system that is not performing correctly
- Alert the manager of any issues
- Maintain data security and confidentiality by using information within the parameters of the job role, any applicable SLAs, the company data policies and / or privacy notices and the statutory guidelines set out within the GDPR and any associated UK legislation. Pay particular regard to any data that is generated by CCTV or that may be classified as personal data.
- Comply with all required fire, health and safety requirements for the environment in which you are working, including making yourself aware of the current applicable policies and risk assessments and acting accordingly, and attending any required training. In particular to adhere to bio security, health and safety and confined spaces protocols. Any other reasonable task as requested by a Manager, Partner or Director of the business Interactions within the company
Purpose of the Field Service Engineer Role the Field Service Engineer will attend customers' sites, maintaining various solar PV systems on a day-today basis. These PV systems are mainly ground mounted PV systems. The Field Service Engineer will be carrying out maintenance on installations, utilising and testing solar PV.
Health and Safety also plays a significant part in this role with responsibilities including following company and site-specific method statements and risk assessments whilst ensuring tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices, industry best safety practices, company and owner procedures, plans, and guidelines as well as all pertinent laws and regulations/standards.