We are looking for a Geo-Environmental Consultant with experience working with a site investigation contractor or consultancy to join a rapidly expanding geo-environmental consultancy, who work with a variety of clients across the UK.
You will be expected to.
- Actively get involved in the day-to-day project management of Geo-environmental Phase 1 and Phase 2 site investigations across the UK and the preparation of interpretative geotechnical and environmental reports.
- Design, oversee and validate aspects of remediation works
- A good first degree in Geology/Geotechnical Engineering/Environmental Science or similar with relevant experience which should include good experience of environmental site investigation techniques and logging to BS5930, geotechnical and environmental interpretation and a working knowledge of current contaminated land requirements.
- Proficiency in Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental report writing.
- An MSc or similar post-graduate qualification would be advantageous.
- A good knowledge of standard computer programmes such as MS Office is essential, and a basic knowledge of AutoCAD would be advantageous (although not essential)
- A full driving licence is considered essential.
Why this role?
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly regarded rapidly expanding consultancy in an excellent location close to the centre of Great Malvern in Worcestershire on the slopes of the Malvern Hills. The Malvern Hills are an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and as well as walking they provide excellent mountain biking trails as well as other pursuits such as parascending and horse riding. Malvern has some excellent schools and has direct train links to both London and Birmingham with the motorway network (M5) around 6 miles away. A highly competitive salary together with an excellent benefit package and career prospects is available to the successful candidate.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.