Technical Manager or Technical Director - Engineering Geology / Geotechnical Engineering
£60,000 - £80,000 London
Are you looking for a role within a diverse and inclusive team, that promotes healthy working practices and wellbeing, with the opportunity to work within a variety of sectors?
Due to a healthy forward-looking workload and continued team growth, we're looking for a Technical Manager or Technical Director Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer, to hold a key and permanent position within our client's engineering family and be responsible for continued development of staff and client base. This role offers an exciting opportunity for career progression for an experienced Principal level engineer or a Technical Manager in a dynamic multi-disciplinary office with a large variety of work streams. If this sounds like you, read on!
A practical and dedicated Technical Manager or Technical Director is required to manage an established and growing team. The successful candidate should have robust technical abilities, with a strong sense of customer service and project management experience. The candidate should have a comprehensive ability to lead technical project teams and collaborate with wider design teams and clients.
The candidate should also have strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to establish, maintain and enhance client relationships and secure new and repeat business.
The candidate would preferably have experience in a range of sectors, including industrial, residential, commercial and leisure developments, infrastructure and rail, providing robust, technically sound and cost-effective solutions to Clients throughout. The London team client basis is wide ranging, including landowners/land agents, developers and development managers, contractors, local government, architects, TfL and Network Rail.
- Ability to deliver projects and work within a UK multi-disciplinary consultancy, with awareness of structural, civil and transport capabilities in the wider firm and ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines.
- Ability to provide technically sound and commercially focussed proposals and bids, based on a clear understanding of client's requirements.
- Experience in client facing roles, developing good working relationships with other professionals within wider project teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain new client relationships.
- Ability to manage and lead the London geo team, including allocation of resource, supporting and development staff.
- Promoting Health and Safety knowledge and understanding.
- Management of project finances including invoicing, preparation and working to budgets, sub-contractor contracts etc.
Why this role?
Our clients Geo team objective is to deliver added value through cost effective and timely solutions to all Clients. They aim to be the number one team and company of choice for their clients, who seek integrated and high-quality services.
As an employer they are motivated to support and develop their staff and to provide an environment where people can flourish and reach their full potential. They are committed to taking equality, inclusion and diversity seriously and support and encourage staff from all backgrounds, genders, age, LBQT+, race, faith and cultures. They offer a range of inclusive policies, including hybrid working arrangements and family friendly flexibility and support.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.