£30,000 - £50,000/ London (Full time, Hybrid working)
We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our clients growing team in London and assist with the planning, execution and interpretation of geotechnical investigations, principally in the UK and Middle East but with the opportunity to support different teams in the US as well.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to analyse geotechnical engineering problems and assist in the preparation of geotechnical engineering reports and design documentation on large-scale and high-profile projects. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Assist with the planning, specification and execution of field investigations, including scheduling of laboratory testing.
- Identify and implement solutions to both routine and complex field and/or laboratory problems.
- Review contractor records and field forms, including drilling and test pit logs, field investigation dailies, laboratory test reports and chain of custody logs.
- Design knowledge of shallow and deep foundation systems, ground improvement and slope stability across a range of soil types.
- Assist in preparation of Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Interpretive Reports based upon analysis of factual site investigation data.
- Assist with design including foundations, retaining structures, earthworks and slope stabilisation.
- Assist in preparation of proposal scope of work, programme, and fees.
- Knowledge of Open-Ground software (OGC) or willing to learn it.
- Conducts Desk Studies reviewing available data and including site reconnaissance.
- Field experience with ground investigation is preferred.
- Capable of using AutoCAD.
- Interest to travel overseas is preferred.
- Perform other duties as requested.
You will have
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in preparation of technical reports.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Possess reliable transportation and a valid driver's license for client meetings and job site visits, preferred.
Why this role?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an international organisation committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Their culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
With the offer of flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more! This is a great role to achieve your personal goals.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Thomas at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.