GIS Technician Up to £35k DOE
Our client is a leading Ecology consultancy based out of Hampshire, they have a team of highly experienced Ecologists working on a range of project across the UK, from small scale housing developments all the way up to public sector projects and large scale infrastructure developments. They are looking to add a GIS Technician to support the ecologists with mapping using Arcview and QGIS.
- To lead on the delivery of mapping for ecological reports and surveys. Maintaining mapping standards and developing novel mapping techniques and trailing new mapping technology when required.
- Support project ecologists in their duties, including assisting in report preparation and management of survey data.
- Assist with and inputs into the Company marketing strategy, including updates to website content and social media channels
Skills and Experience we're looking for:
- Degree in a relevant subject;
- Minimum of 1 years' professional experience with GIS
- Experience using both Arcview and QGIS software's
- Be a team player with good verbal and written communications skills;
- Good MS Outlook, Word and Excel skills;
- Legal entitlement to work in the UK.
Why this role?
Our client is committed to providing a safe and supportive working environment where all of our staff can thrive and we actively encourage input from the team on the direction of the company. They are proud to have a relaxed office environment and host regular social events. Their office is situated in a rural office location with free parking and garden space.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Billy at email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.
About us: Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all. Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability. Let's help build a better world, together.