Established for 25 years my client provides specialist CDM services to the construction sector on projects ranging from £1m - £500m. They offer bespoke CDM/Principal Designer solutions, early strategic advice, expert technical knowledge and flexibility in approach giving clients peace of mind.
Joining an established, successful and growing team, you will be both technically and commercially minded, motivated to progress your career within a business where people are comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
- Acting in both client CDM advisor and principal designer roles and providing health & safety related services on multiple projects of various scales and levels of complexity across most sectors
- Responding to the needs of the client particularly in respect of the implementation of CDM 2015 and the delivery of each of the functions required by the Regulations
- Undertaking site visits and preparing reports.
- Undertaking principal contractor and principal designer reviews.
- Promoting health & safety and welfare in construction.
- Identifying key objectives and facilitating proportionate compliance from designers using strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Presenting professionally to project teams and providing training to fellow team members including clients
- Travelling to visit clients, project teams and construction sites within the UK
- Client care and business development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience within a similar position, demonstrating your strong construction background and familiarity with procurement
- Hold a recognised health and safety qualification such as Nebosh Dip, relevant Bsc. or similar.
- Hold membership of the Association for Project Safety at IMaPS or CMaPS
- Have strong communication (both written and verbal) skills and an interpersonal style that enables you to excel in a direct client facing role.
- Demonstrate the drive and ambition needed to develop the business, alongside loyalty and a willingness to actively contribute to the growth of the team.