River Improvements Engineer- up to £50k
Our client is looking for a River Improvements Engineer to join their Civil Engineering design team. The role will allow you to work on a bunch of exciting projects such as Fish and Eel passes, River restorations and Natural Flood Management schemes, our clients customer base consists of Government Agencies, Utilities and wildlife and river trusts. The project this role will be involved in consists from initial site assessments and feasibility studies all the way through to detailed design.
The position will be varied and duties include:
- Design of in-river civil engineering and hydraulic design projects at concept, outline and detailed design stage.
- Identify and critically appraise options to assist clients in identifying the right solution for their needs, including the writing of persuasive reports.
- Project managing a range of projects, ensuring projects meet or exceed the Client's satisfaction and are delivered on time and to budget.
- Client management, successfully developing, maintaining and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Hold a relevant Engineering degree and have experience of working in a commercial consulting environment, including the engineering design of in-river projects.
- Application of the CDM regulations including actively identifying and mitigating risks during design.
- A proven ability to lead and deliver projects and manage/work with internal and external specialist staff or subconsultants.
- Ability to lead projects and manage clients across a range of projects.
- Hold chartered engineer status with ICE or CIWEM, or be working towards achieving this.
- A track record in, or aspirations for, continuing professional development and supporting the development and management of junior staff.
Why this role?
When home became work, our client learned that flexibility, understanding and balance allowed us all to move forward and grow together. So, no matter where you're based, the hours you keep, the toddlers you have to entertain, or outside interests that help with your wellbeing they're committed to their Ways of Working (WOW) with each other so they can continue to be their best.
Allen & York have been matching purposeful people with purpose-led organisations for 30 years. We partner with our clients and candidates on roles that build an understanding of climate change, promote sustainability and create inclusive and responsible organisations, working towards a sustainable world for us all.
Committed to inclusiveness in the workplace, we aim to increase diversity across all areas and therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
Let's help build a better world, together. "
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above or send an email to Billy at: Bwright@allen-york.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.