ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to take a central role in Our Clients growing Sustainability and Building Performance Team, to contribute to their commitment to help tackle the climate and biodiversity emergency and to drive their own operations to zero carbon.
This role involves leading aspects of this work, primarily our Life Cycle Analyses', and communicating outputs with architects, clients and beyond.
The Sustainability and Building Performance Team is an integral part of the practice's design process, supporting architects with knowledge, expertise, analysis and performance modelling to help develop sustainable, integrated and regenerative architecture. team also carry out and publish independent research and post occupancy evaluation studies of finished buildings and are active outside the practice through teaching, advocacy and working with activist groups.
* Preparation of Life Cycle Assessments using industry standard software and bespoke tools.
* Supporting the development of sustainability related submissions to inform compliances eg Circular Economy statements.
* Work alongside architectural and consultant teams to help develop sustainable, low carbon and regenerative architecture.
* Input into sustainability and building performance research and development.
* Dissemination of knowledge throughout the practice and wider industry through graphic, written and verbal communication, including participation in CPD events. REQUIREMENTS
* Demonstrable expertise in Life Cycle Analysis of large scale and mixed-use buildings.
* Ability to communicate Life Cycle Analysis outputs in a variety of media for diverse audiences
* BREEAM Assessor, LEED or other equivalent would be advantageous.
* Wide knowledge of sustainability issues facing the UK and international design and construction industries.
* A post graduate degree in Architectural Engineering, Environmental Design or similar is an advantage.
* Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of people
* Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
* Ability to work independently, using own initiative.
* A willingness to tackle a variety of tasks and learn new skills.
* Highly motivated with an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
* Attention to detail.